Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 2, 2004, 5:52 AM   #21

That sounds reasonable but I just quoted what a Canon rep told me. I also heard the same thing at MicroCenter in Dallas from the salesperson and a HP rep at Wolf camera. I never researched it past that point as I just avoided HP and Kodak papers. They are great papers but on my Canon, the results were not optimum. From other comments, it sounds like different settings may provide some improvements using Kodak/HP but I just stayed with Canon.
mwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2004, 3:39 PM   #22

Canon Ink does contain isopropyl alcohol. Check the side of the carton.
JonathanV112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 6:15 PM   #23

I have an i9900, and am experimenting with papers.

I got some Kodak premium glossy in 8.5x11 and 4x6 (which turns out to be 4x6.5) because it was on sale at Costco. I have also tried Epson photo paper - glossy - I'll check on exactly what paper tonight.

The results from the Kodak premium glossy are good, so long as you don't use the Photo Pro setting. I've gotten good results with Photo Plus and Photo Glossy - only a slight color difference between the two, which also occurs with the different settings on the Canon Plus and Canon Pro papers.

However, on the Photo Pro setting, there is obviously too much ink going onto the Kodak paper, and the crazing/pooling reported occurs. The Kodak paper also smells like potato starch when wet, but that is a minor problem.

Kodak's insert in the package says to use the photo glossy setting, not the plus or pro, so I guess they are correct. I haven't tried their software.

I LOVE the results of landscapes on the Epson Glossy paper with easy-photo set to photo glossy.

As we get more experience, hopefull some profiles for the various non-Canon papers will show up. I'm still trying to figure out how to do calibration with Photoshop and my monitor.
mark.huth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2005, 9:21 PM   #24

Wonder if you guys are using Kodak Ultima with Color Last. It must say this on the package. I have printed over 50 8x10's on this with spectacular results. It is every bit as good as the Cannon paper.

Have also been using the Fujifilm Premium Plus with great resluts.

I am using the Canon i9900

I have heard the other Kodak papers will not work well with the Canon ink, be sure to look for the words "with Color Last" on the package.

Hope this works for you.
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote