Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 18, 2008, 4:48 AM   #1

how can i remove head of epson photo 1390 printer. i want to clean head manuely but i m helpless plz do some thing thanks
vimalmds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2008, 4:41 PM   #2

vimalmds wrote:
Quote:
how can i remove head of epson photo 1390 printer. i want to clean head manuely but i m helpless plz do some thing thanks
Whoa!!... You don't need to remove the head, you can clean it in place.

I suggest you try this email address.. e-printerhelp (At) mvps (d0t) org and request the cleaning manual from Arthur Entlich as he has an absolute bible for printhead cleaning which he distributes by email.

The short version though is to use a lint free pad soaked in a mildly ammoniated solution (ammoniated windex is mentioned a lot) and place this under the printhead so that the solution can wick into the printhead nozzles and disolve the ink clogs.

The key ingredient beyond the solution is patience.. LOT OF IT!.. On average you can require a full 24 hours to get a properly clean but for really serious clogs you're looking more at a few days.

It does work and there's been plenty of discussion regarding what fluid/solution(s) to use on the nifty-stuff forums are well as on here.

Hope that helps.
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote