Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 1, 2009, 9:01 PM   #1

When I print color photos on my HP 2210 all in one, the prints have a dappled or speckled look on the lighter portions of the photos. This is not noise, because when I produce a 2x or 4x size on my crt monitor, there is no evidence of these dappled, spotty areas.

I don't know if this problem is tweakable either with my Photoshop Element 6.0 software or through my HP software. Any suggestions on how best to clean up this photo pollution?

Or alternatively, can you recommend a clean photo printer?
gfmucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2009, 11:34 AM   #2

low resolution settings for print output lead to larger dots in the highlight areas wher the individual dot represents 1-2% ink coverage
higher resolution output or even better somthing like the epson k3 inkset with light and light light black overcome this.
edwin
edwinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2009, 8:12 AM   #3

After changing the printer settings a couple of times to higher resloutions, the results were similar. I've concluded my old hp psc 2210 all in one does not produce acceptable prints. I'm now checking out the Canon Pixma line - better ink conservation than Epson - better photo quality than HP or Kodak (king of ink conservation).
gfmucci is offline   Reply With Quote