Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 20, 2003, 8:39 PM   #1

Default borderless printing with Canon S900?

When ever I print a photo using borderless printing it cuts off some of the picture! What do I need to do to have the hole picture print?

P.S I will be upgrading to a i960 very soon.
gate1975mlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2003, 11:06 PM   #2

If you are using Easy Photo Print, in the Preferences menu select None for the amount of extenstion of borderless printing. If using Photoshop, on the Page Setup tab of the driver set the slider bar all the way to the left for borderless printing.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2003, 7:27 AM   #3

I am using Easy Photo Print 2.0.1. I did what you said but it is still cutting off the picture. Something like this should not be so hard to do.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 11:17 AM   #4

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "cutting off the picture" but I'll throw this out and see if this is what you are talking about.

If you take a digital camera image (for most consumer cams) and try to print it as a 4x6, 5x7 or 8.5 x 11 like most these printers, including yours, do, it will always have to crop the image. I have pictures where someone's face or something important is in the corner of an imageand it can get easily cropped out because the digital image is the wrong aspect ratio for the size of print. In the last stage of EasyPhoto-Print you can double-click the picture and use the box it shows to adjust where your image is cropped.

Am I on the write track or totally off base? Have you made sure you have the latest printer drivers from Canon's web site?
pdxbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2003, 7:11 AM   #5

Unfortunately, all inkjet borderless prints involve some cropping of the image. You can experiment with a small white border around the image. Just make sure the print layout size is very close to the size you are trying to print. This way when the image is cropped, the white border will be removed leaving almost 100% of the original image. I'm assuming some margin of error to make sure the white border doesn't show up in the printed image.

Bill
wsandman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2003, 7:34 PM   #6

Yes that is the problem I am having.