Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 23, 2003, 12:35 AM   #1
mhk

Default HP 7960 or Canon i960

HP 7960 vs Canon i960 or others??? I am buying a photo printer (I have others for other tasks) and have always had good luck with HP products since my first laser printer 20 years ago. I am looking at the hp 7960. However, after researching extensively and reading this list, I am now considering the i960. I have always worked with the cartridges ($) but have no experience with Canon inks and cost. I am now tending towards the Canon. I am concerned however about the paper questions and specific quality issues related to each printer and paper. Any suggestions will help and thanks Steve for your reviews. I have lurked on this board before and actually picked a tip about the Olympus C-50 Zoom Digital Camera way before its release; which I then waited for and find to be one of my best investments ever! thanks...
mhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2003, 12:30 PM   #2

If there is a way you can do a demo print on the i960/i900D at a retailer near you, I would try taking in your media card and do a print on both that and the HP. I guarantee you will buy the Canon after seeing both prints right next to each other.

Canon will be cheaper ink-wise. Example: HP 57 color cartridge = 17 mL ink between 3 colors (approx 6mL per color). 1 Canon color = 13mL ink.

Basically spend $35 on HP color and get 17mL ink.
Spend $36 on 3 Canon colors and get 39mL ink.

Better bang for your buck no doubt. . .and that doesn't even factor in the look and feel of your prints!
pdxbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2003, 1:46 PM   #3

I have been HP user, still am, for many years. The one thing I really like about the canon printers is that the user can change or clean the printheads. If I were to replace my HP5550, I would buy the Canon i960.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote