Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 23, 2003, 7:11 PM   #1

Default Goodbye epson

-cut out until further notice-
LCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2003, 7:20 PM   #2

your wrong.

if your a pro you would bring this issue to epson not spewing on this site. the prints that go out of my 2200 are the best i've ever done outside of a darkroom.

my 1270 took about 20 minutes to cal for color and the print head always kept aligned. its still out being used and epson has been very forthcoming with answers and support for me.

as with any other person with free choice you can purchase as you want. the fact is there are as many people happy with epson as there are with canon.

thats the way things work. so lighten up.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2003, 7:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms
your wrong.

if your a pro you would bring this issue to epson not spewing on this site. the prints that go out of my 2200 are the best i've ever done outside of a darkroom.
my 1270 is still out being used and epson has been very forthcoming with answers and support for me.
as I said in my mail. I have mailed them several times about this.

I will call them tomorrow. Probably they will ask me to send the printer to maintenance.. doesn't matter. My next printer will be a Canon. If the have support mail, they should reply on support requests. If they are unable to do so, they should only have a support phone number.

And I think it is more than OK to speak of extremely bad experiences. Don't you? Or should I be silent all along?

And once again, I have tried to get support from epson.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 7:37 PM   #4

yeah its ok to give information that wil either explain your issue or help others. ranting without facts is just plain ranting. call them and give them information. it's under warranty isn't it? and yes you probably will have to return it just as you would have to return a canon unit too.

don't think canon products are that much better. i myself put out $7000 for a 1Ds and received it DOA. thats $7000 with a job to do in 4 days. well i sent it back and did the job with another camera. a week later i had a new working camera. did i go out on the web and badmouth canon. no. patience is key and working to resolve the issue. talk to someone at epson they do have an 800 number. i have spoke with them a few times. do you realize how much email these companies get. you rely on email i certainly don't when it comes to technical issues.

another example with canon is when i registered my 1Ds by email i was supposed to get a support package in about 6 weeks. i registered it in july. nothing happened. so i called them yesterday they said they had the registration but there was an error on it so they were waiting for me to contact them. that works for you right. no since our little conversation i will get it next week. don't expect grand improvements unless you stay on top of the issue.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 7:46 PM   #5

as said alreayd. I have tried to recieve any information from them. But they dont seem interested in doing so.

You want to know what the problem is? Sure. (Clogging is one of them, as always with epson, but that's common knowledge by now)

When trying to align the print head. The black is impossible to do so with, since it does not print straight lines. The lines are only scattered dots all over the place, some lines even disappear completey, not even dots.

I try to align as good as possible. Going on to color alignment. It seems fine, but something is wrong to the right of the boxes. And when doing a print. The Right and left of something always get colored, either magenta or cyan...

As said many times by now, I have been patient, I have tried to solve this problem with epson but with no luck or progress. That's why I made the post. Sure, if the problem will be solved tomorrow, I will post my deepest apologies over and over again. But i doubt it.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 7:52 PM   #6

do you use epson ink? if your not its not their issue. i have never had either one clog. i use mine constantly.

as far as it being common knowledge what you don't hear is most of the time the user bought the non epson ink. anything to save a dime.

again it is under warranty right?

do you use the original epson ink?

if you answered both questions affirmative epson will either repair or replace your unit with no problem. if your really hot to get a different printer after replacement which is what they most likely will do. sell it and get the printer you want.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 7:55 PM   #7

it's not the clogging thats the issue right now. It is the impossibility to align the printhead.

and yes. It's under warranty.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 7:58 PM   #8

then you've got no problem. they will take care of you. you just have to resolve the fact that it may have to be returned to them.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 8:15 PM   #9

That still doesn't justify the lack of response.
And you shouldn't have to pay (the phone number aint free you know) extra to get the problem solved. That's just the way it SHOULD be. But that's not the epson way.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 9:34 PM   #10

well you got me on that one. it used to be an 800 number. but then again i use my cell for 99% of my calls now. same price from coast to coast.

the world is not perfect. now the cost of me not having the 1Ds and having to rent one far outstripped the price of a 10 minute phone call to epson. if you want action you better take it. and get it done with.