Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 3, 2009, 12:36 PM   #1

I've replaced my Canon IP4500 (yet another worn out head in UNDER a year) with an Epson R285 as the print quality and running cost of my mates IP4600 is much worse than my old IP4500. I though I would Give Epson a go and I am VERY pleased with the print quality of this R285 but as I'm used to the IP4200-IP4500 running cost's I found that the epson is a little more expensive to run. Still a little cheaper to run than the replacement canon IP4600 (Did a test with a mate on BLACK only photo's with a brand new compatible cartridge's) . I'm thinking of getting a CIS System for this printer and wondered if anybody has any experience with them and if anybody in the UK could recomend a site they have used to get ono. I have found one here http://www.3000rpm.com/acatalog/Epso...k_System_.html that looks OK.

Thanks

stevvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2009, 9:16 AM   #2

I bought 3 R285s with contin. ink systems from 3000rpm, all have been replaced by Epson in the last 3 months, the first lasted less than a month. The quality of ink supplied is not great, black in particular is prone to need several cleaning cycles per week (depending on use). I ended up using refillable cartridges with the self-resetting chips from Ebay and buying better ink from the USA, expensive but worth it.

The 285s have been a huge disappointment, the previous R200/220 seems much better.I'm running 2 IP4500s using refillable carts with a chip resetter from Ink.co.uk (£10) and the UltraWide gamut inks from Hobbicolors (Ebay USA seller) which are excellent.
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote