Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 27, 2009, 9:57 AM   #1

Hi all. I've actually been around longer as JudgeT, butunable to log on any more for some reason. Now- I stupidly bought an RX560 before checking that the SSC software covered it as regards resetting the waster ink counter; it doesn't !

Has anyone out there any experience of this, or know of any software availability. ?

(Interestingly, although the SSC utility will not give a waste ink counter value, it does say that counter is reset when you use the configuration for some other printers, such as the CX3200. However, without the counter value being displayed, I cannot tell if it has actually done a reset to 0, so if someone gets there before me , perhaps they could let us all know....?)
Tmileoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2009, 6:30 PM   #2

Bad news I'm afraid... The RX560 is one of the "not available" markers on my list of reset utils...

I've not seen one anywhere, not even 2manuals.com so it looks like you're out of luck.

As for the counter showing a successful reset... It's entirely possible that it has reset the counter... Having looked at the A10_IPR that epson put out it does look like there's a common code block that's used for a lot of Epson printers so you may find you're in luck.
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 7:35 AM   #3

Default Chip resetter for RX560

Quote:
Originally Posted by websnail View Post
Bad news I'm afraid... The RX560 is one of the "not available" markers on my list of reset utils...

I've not seen one anywhere, not even 2manuals.com so it looks like you're out of luck.

As for the counter showing a successful reset... It's entirely possible that it has reset the counter... Having looked at the A10_IPR that epson put out it does look like there's a common code block that's used for a lot of Epson printers so you may find you're in luck.
Hi, Newbie here

Just wanted to add this link for you all to read, I found it the other day, while searching for a resetter for my daughters RX560.

http://www.prink.co.uk/shopcart/yxd968notes.htm

I have no connection with this company, and have not yet tried there products.

regards

Last edited by photogenie; May 15, 2009 at 7:37 AM. Reason: title missing
photogenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 6:27 PM   #4

The link you provided above is for resetting the cartridge chips and has no effect at all on the waste ink counter.
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2010, 5:32 AM   #5

Default Waste rx560 reset

Download Adjustment program R270 R265.
Bye Bye Epson
marcantonio is offline   Reply With Quote