Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 1, 2003, 10:28 PM   #1

Default Canon i9100, use the 13x19...

print option often?

If the the i960 and i900d are comparable (photo quality) to the i9100, the exception being the 13x19 inch feature...can anyone here say that they use the 13x19 often enough to justify spending the extra $200+ for the i9100?

For those who do have this printer, how often would you say you use the 13x19 for your private photo collection?

Thanks again,
~informative
informativetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2003, 11:25 PM   #2

I use the 13 X 19 size (with an Epson wide carriage) once in a while and the results are impressive. I mat the pictures and frame them in 16 X 20 frames. They look great, but I don't do it often. I use Epson Heavyweight Matte paper that costs about a dollar a sheet. Whether the extra cost is worth it to you depends on your own taste.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2003, 5:27 PM   #3

I am glad that I went for the i9100 over the i950 because of the extra 3.5-inches in width. I have printed 13x19-inch photographs and either trimmed them down to 11x14 and matted to 16x12 or mattd the 13x19 to 16x20. Both worked well. I have also printed plain paper posters (not photos) several times recently and it has worked out wonderfully.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2003, 5:31 PM   #4

Wildman,

Thank you for your input. I thought to put out some feelers out as I was curious.

I think I will opt for either the i960 or i900d and if wanting a larger photograph, go online.

I do like the idea of having the ability to print larger photos but figure I couldn't justify spending the extra cash when the possiblity of my wanting to print larger photos would not be often enough.

I can't help but tempt myself, though :twisted:

I have to say, if you have some great scenic shots, like them upon the walls of your home...mounting them in mat and a larger frame....must look pretty darned nice!

My upcoming purchase of a photo printer will be my first. I'll see how often I wish to have a larger print and if often enough, consider a future purchase of a larger printer.

I had to ask, in the meantime. Thanks again.
Old Nov 2, 2003, 5:39 PM   #5

>I have printed 13x19-inch photographs and either trimmed them down to 11x14 and matted to 16x12 or mattd the 13x19 to 16x20. Both worked well.<

So, in essence you cropped? Or was it a matter of sizing, with the end result having borders for which you trimmed off?

Excuse my ignorance as I have yet to own a photo printer. My intention is to purchase one here within a month or two, certainly no later than two.
Old Nov 3, 2003, 8:17 AM   #6

Sorry for the confusion.

I have used a rotary trimmer to crop the picture down to 11x14 for a matching frame size. I have also left the 13x19 print in tact and then laid the 16x20 matte down where it wanted it for an 11x14 or 13x19, then put the matted print in a 16x20 frame.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote