Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 21, 2012, 4:31 PM   #11

Default Resetting the Ink Cartridge Counter Canon MX410

Thanks to everyone for this tip! I have a MX410 instead of the 330, and Windows 7 oinstead of Vista, but the same general process works. Here's what I did to reset the counter after refilling the Black cartridge:

=======================
Here is how to reset the MX410 Ink Cartridge Counter in a Windows 7 System:

1. Refill cartridge and install back to printer.
2. Open "Devices and Printers" from the "Start" menu.
3. Double click on the Canon MX410 Series Printer (or right click and select "Open").
4. Under "Printer/FAX Management" click on "Display Printer/FAX Properties."
5. On the new window, "Canon MX410 series Printer Properties," select the "Advanced" tab.
5a. IF all of the options are grayed out, you need to enable them first - select the "General" tab.
5b. On the "General" tab, click on the "Change Properties" button.
5c. Go back to the "Advanced tab, the options should now be enabled.
6. Uncheck "Enable advanced printing features."
7. Click on the "Apply" button at the bottom and then the "OK" button to close the window.
8. Hold the red "Stop" button on MX410 printer for 5-20 seconds. The "out of ink" message will disappear.
9. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to open the properties window again.
10. Check "Enable advanced printing features" to return the setting to what it ws before.
11. Click on the "Apply" button at the bottom and then the "OK" button to close the window.
12. Printer should work again with refilled ink cartridge.
=======================

Cheers alll!
GeoSapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 6:20 AM   #12

Default Thank you!

Thank you so much for the reset info for the MX410. I had almost given up trying to reset this printer and given in to a life time of expensive Canon printer ink. Works a treat!!
Oakview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2012, 4:18 AM   #13

Default Toner Cartridges

Hi all

I am new in this thread and also used and try many models of HP & canon printers and there are many types of troubles are arrsinng for refilling of ink and types of ink but the uktonercartridges going on high speed for providing the best services in wembley.

Thanks
Karensaw
Karensaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:39 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoSapper View Post
Thanks to everyone for this tip! I have a MX410 instead of the 330, and Windows 7 oinstead of Vista, but the same general process works. Here's what I did to reset the counter after refilling the Black cartridge:

=======================
Here is how to reset the MX410 Ink Cartridge Counter in a Windows 7 System:

1. Refill cartridge and install back to printer.
2. Open "Devices and Printers" from the "Start" menu.
3. Double click on the Canon MX410 Series Printer (or right click and select "Open").
4. Under "Printer/FAX Management" click on "Display Printer/FAX Properties."
5. On the new window, "Canon MX410 series Printer Properties," select the "Advanced" tab.
5a. IF all of the options are grayed out, you need to enable them first - select the "General" tab.
5b. On the "General" tab, click on the "Change Properties" button.
5c. Go back to the "Advanced tab, the options should now be enabled.
6. Uncheck "Enable advanced printing features."
7. Click on the "Apply" button at the bottom and then the "OK" button to close the window.
8. Hold the red "Stop" button on MX410 printer for 5-20 seconds. The "out of ink" message will disappear.
9. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to open the properties window again.
10. Check "Enable advanced printing features" to return the setting to what it ws before.
11. Click on the "Apply" button at the bottom and then the "OK" button to close the window.
12. Printer should work again with refilled ink cartridge.
=======================

Cheers alll!
Hi, I've replaced a cartridge (not a refilled one) and followed these steps, but I can hold the red "Stop" button on MX410 indefinetely but it keeps saying that I'm almost out of ink.
It's the first time we had to replace the cartridges. I guess it's best to buy a new printer every time. ;-)
DikkieDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 6:55 AM   #15

I refilled my ink with the kit that i brought but my mx410 still say that ink level is low need to replaces, my printer is printing fine but i don't want to see the message saying that's is low.and i don't know how to bypass if i could.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 4:42 PM   #16

Default "out of ink" message on Canon MX330

Kesterlee--I realize your post was three years ago, but wanted to thank you for the fix. It worked perfectly.
cprof is offline   Reply With Quote