Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 29, 2009, 5:43 AM   #1

Default Canon MX330 - Not sure how to reset ink cartridge or printer meter for manual refill

I have a Canon PIXMA MX330 but have searched everywhere for instructions on how to reset the page/ink counter so that I can manually refill the kit on my own when needed without my printer repeatedly insisting that the cartridge is still empty. Anyone have tips? Any chip resetters that would work with this printer? Printer uses a PG-210 cartridge for black. Also wondering whether the blue and/or red resetters that're available on eBay and advertised to work with other cartridges/printers will work for my cartridge despite its being relatively new.
zeth006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2009, 3:04 PM   #2

1st.Question: there is no reset.
2nd ? : No

The new carts are redesigned so you are discouraged from refilling.and the code for the new carts have'nt been cracked yet,so resetting them is out too......You are stuck w/doing manual refills and constantly watching your levels.until the big brains catchup w/ the evil empire..
Old Jun 2, 2009, 9:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coax View Post
1st.Question: there is no reset.
2nd ? : No

The new carts are redesigned so you are discouraged from refilling.and the code for the new carts have'nt been cracked yet,so resetting them is out too......You are stuck w/doing manual refills and constantly watching your levels.until the big brains catchup w/ the evil empire..

The printer ink meter doesn't actually measure how much ink is left in the cartridge but rather it counts the number of pages printed so far.

This leads to the ink meter often whining that the cartridge is out of ink when there is still much left.

My question concerns how to reset the ink/page counter.
zeth006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 8:18 PM   #4

That's dirty. Baaaad Canon. They suck. Nice Camera's though.
kenstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 6:41 AM   #5

Here is how to reset MX330 Ink Cartridge Counter in Win Vista System:

1. Refill cartridge and install back to printer.
2. Open Properties in "Printers" from "Start Bar"-"Settings" on left lower corner.
3. Open "Advance".
4. Uncheck "Enable advanced printing features".
5. Apply and close.
6. Hold "Stop" button on MX330 printer for 10-20 seconds. The "Ran out of ink" message will disappear.
7. Open "Properties" in "Printers" again as in Step 2.
8. Check "Enable adance printing features" to reset counter.
9. Printer should work again with refilled ink cartridge.

Hope it work for you.

Kestrellee
Kestrellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 1:55 AM   #6

or try this. I don't know if it work because i don't have one. Just for your info.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5000
siusiuenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 3:11 AM   #7

Thanks Kestrellee for the guide to reset MX330 Ink Cartridge Counter in Win Vista System.

aprillove20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:01 PM   #8

hi Kestrelle - this is fantastic advice - I think yours is the only advice that I found that is user friendly and posts no danger of returning the current settings to factory setting.

I tried it on Windows XP and it works like a charm!!!
cattalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2010, 2:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrellee View Post

2. Open Properties in "Printers" from "Start Bar"-"Settings" on left lower corner.
Kestrellee
Hello Kestrellee,

I'm really not following your reference to a "Start Bar". Are your referring to the controls on the printer?

Let me give you a run down on what is happening to me and what I'm trying to do. I got this printer via a special Fry's had going on. Buy a monitor and get a free printer. So I went for the offer cause it was a great price on the monitor. I would have gotten it if there was no printer in the deal. So I'm starting to put this printer to use and had to refill or replace the cartridge. I bought a refilling kit and refilled the cartridge correctly. I was never able to get rid of the "low ink" notice, but was able to print for quite some time. I was doing a print job and got a cartridge out of ink error, U163, "The ink has run out. Replace the cartridge." I refilled the cartridge but I can't get rid of the error reporting. I try the steps outlined above, but it goes straight to the U163 message.

My system is a Win7 ultimate that is completely updated. The printer is a MX330 that uses the PG-210 black cartridges.

I'm thinking about buying a legit cartridge and just keep that topped off before any errors come up. That is if I can't get this error report resolved and reset the cartridge.

Anybody have any ideas on this?
User1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrellee View Post

1. Refill cartridge and install back to printer.
3. Open "Advance".
4. Uncheck "Enable advanced printing features".
5. Apply and close.
6. Hold "Stop" button on MX330 printer for 10-20 seconds. The "Ran out of ink" message will disappear.
7. Open "Properties" in "Printers" again as in Step 2.
8. Check "Enable adance printing features" to reset counter.
9. Printer should work again with refilled ink cartridge.

Hope it work for you.

Kestrellee
That was great advice Kestrellee. I tried your instructions on how to reset the ink cartridge counter (the printer was giving me the error msg that i was out of ink and i had just refilled my cartridge) on my MX330 printer and it works now!
Thank you!!
lovejewel is offline   Reply With Quote