Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 4, 2009, 7:01 PM   #1

Default Canon ip6700D + Canon Photo Paper Glossy(GP-502) ICC Profile?

Hey guys, love the site. Wondering if anyone can help me out, I'm having a terrible time trying to print on "Canon Photo Paper Glossy(GP-502)" with my Canon ip6700D using genuine Cannon inks.

The colors on the prints are way off, very green tinge to all the yellows.

I'm printing from Photoshop CS3 and Qimage. I've been trying every Canon ICC profile in my ip6700D driver that seems remotely close to the paper I have.

The closest ICC I can find is "Canon ip6700D SP2" which is for Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy(PP-101). I actually went ahead and tried them all, about 6 different Canon paper ICCs, with almost no change on the prints.

I figured its the printer at this point, print head broken or nozzles clogged, but then I tried selecting normal paper and it printed perfectly accurate color yellows without a hint of green on a normal sheet of paper.

So I'm really at a loss now... How can I get that same normal color to print on this photo paper? Clearly the printer is capable of doing it.

If anyone knows of an ICC for "Canon Photo Paper Glossy(GP-502)" that will work on an ip6700D printer I'd be eternally grateful.

Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong here would be great.
rcll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2009, 8:22 PM   #2

Default Me too!

Hi
I've got exactly the same sort of problem. Have you found any solutions to it yet?
Took a file in to a camera shop today and it prints perfectly on their machine.
Daisyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2009, 9:48 PM   #3

Short of profiling your ink/paper, you could try manual adjustment. In preferences, enable manual color adjustment and fiddle with the sliders. Try increasing magenta and decreasing cyan and yellow (disable ICM). May take several trials but can zero in on acceptable printing colors. Read Digital Dog's stuff on color management (pdf file at his website).

Good luck.
paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote