Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:28 AM   #1

Default Canon S9000 green cast problem

I've had the Canon S9000 for a number of years now and have decided to invest in a CIS system to save on ink.

Before the CIS system, I was getting a green cast on all my images, however the green cast does not appear when I select "Plain Papers" in the dialogue box, but quality is not acceptable (banding etc) All other paper types give me the green cast without the banding!

Since I have installed the CIS system, nothing has changed, the green cast still lives with me, I have the latest drivers installed 1.61.

I did try the 8000 drivers and this gave no green cast on photo paper. But again, print quality was poor.

If there's anyone out there who can help me eliminate my green cast I'd really appreciate it.

I have been on to Canon who gave me a standard reply "send it for service/repair to Ireland"

HELP
Oculus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2009, 12:15 PM   #2

I have since changed the printer head and done a nozzle check, there is no photo magenta in the resulting print?

All other colours are fine, this happens on both my new print head and on my old one
Oculus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:22 PM   #3

Oculus, did you ever resolve this? I have purchased a used S9000 and am having a green cast issue as well. I'm also using 3rd party ink. The cast is most apparent in gray midrange tones.
rgustafson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:28 PM   #4

The S9000 should print well out of the box, with a small amount of color shift. The green you are seeing is due, I suspect, to the paper. Are you using the Canon glossy Paper Pro? If so, you are going to get a green cast. The cure? Switch papers.
Ink In A Wink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 2:15 AM   #5

By the way, Are you using the Canon glossy Paper Pro?

aprillove20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2011, 7:27 PM   #6

Did anyone discover a solution to this problem? I have an S9000 that also does this. It prints correct colours when set for plain paper - where it is not using the PM and PC inks - but produces a strong green cast when set for any photo paper. It doesn't matter what brand of photo paper is used, the green hue is always there. Its so bad that I don't bother using this printer for photos any more and I have tried several times to get to the bottom of it. But I think I would like to use it from time to time for A3 prints. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
harlequin2 is offline   Reply With Quote