Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 10, 2003, 5:22 PM   #1

Default My own i860 Review

I bought the i860 after reading the reviews here on this model and the 560 and 960. Had Canon had a wide carriage other than the older generation 9100, I would have bought it.

My main consideration was that it had a large black ink well, which used cheaper ink....and that it had only 5 colors....and two were BLACK!!! However, that was why I almost DID NOT buy it, since I thought a 6 color COLOR printer would be better.

My short take on this (after printing 10 pictures taken with a Canon S40 is WOW WOW WOW. The color is amazing....as is the amazing clarity of these pics.

I used the Canon Photo Glossy paper, and printed many 8x10's.

WOW WOW. All I can say is that this thing is fantastic. It is sooooo sharp that I can see things on the printed paper I never even noticed on my monitor.

I have a 2.6GHz P4 DELL PC. Brand new. My monitor is top end too. I am telling you that for the $ 219 CANADIAN I spent, this was a huge deal.

Thanks Steve for telling me I would not tell the difference between this and the other 6 color printers. You are right. The yellow is so bright on the images with flowers I was shocked.

This web site rocks....and so does this printer.
shulaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2003, 11:58 AM   #2

Default Re:Canon i860-ShulaJ's review

Your review was neat but a few questions please. The i860 is supposed to be better for text (b&w) printing-how is that? Also how fast does text and photos print? Are you happy with that part?
You may have seen the review on the i860 vs. i960 by someone else. Any comment?
Thanks. I'm debating what printer to buy now for both text and photos. I want the best photo quality spelled reasonable and good text but both relatively fast. In other words I don't need the absolute best for photos if it will take 3-5 minutes for one 8x10 print. Thanks again for any reply.
unclejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2003, 12:13 PM   #3

Default 860 vs 960

Text is VERY fast, and the photos are sooooo good, you'll be very blown away. I am picky picky about quality, and I cannot believe how cheap and how good this thing is. This is a no brainer.

Get the 860
shulaj is offline   Reply With Quote