Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 4, 2009, 9:37 AM   #1

Default Which CIS System to Buy?

First off, let me say that I had no idea these CIS systems even existed. Had I not stumbled across this site when searching google for an answer to my service light on my Epson R300, I'd have never known they even existed! (Add to the fact I never knew about the external waste ink reservoir mod and I feel like I've been living in the dark!)

I'm still learning about them and have read a good many threads on their purpose and how they work, but is there any one brand that's better than another? I've read the thread on which are the best parts to use in a CISS, but I'd rather just purchase a complete kit.

There's plenty to choose from on ebay, but the kits range any where from $25 to $80 and up. Should I just opt for one in the middle, or is there one brand that's better than the other?

And when it comes to purchasing replacement ink, is there also a brand or maker I should be buying replacement ink from over another? I've always heard aftermarket ink was junk compared to oem ink, but I'm willing to try the cheaper stuff now.

Edit: InkRepublic.com and Echo store seem to be at the top of the list for CIS systems. Are the ebay systems not worth buying?

Last edited by Rock Slide; Sep 4, 2009 at 11:32 AM.
Rock Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2009, 4:16 PM   #2

Rock Slide,
A lot of great information from experienced people at
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ regarding refilling and also CIS kits. Most are Canon users but Epson folks also.
paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2009, 10:10 AM   #3

Great, thanks!
Rock Slide is offline   Reply With Quote