Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 22, 2009, 10:47 AM   #1

Default epson stylus photo 1390 service required

when i m printing printer shows "Parts inside your printer are near the end of their service life. See your printer documentation." what i m doing plz help me.
m10s10k20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 1, 2009, 7:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by m10s10k20 View Post
when i m printing printer shows "Parts inside your printer are near the end of their service life. See your printer documentation." what i m doing plz help me.
The 1390 is very similar to the Epson Photo 1400.

This page provides all the resources currently available for your printer as icons and a link:
http://www.octoink.co.uk/search/epso...del=Photo_1390

(You'll want to go to http://www.octoink.co.uk/wib/ to get the full description of how to interpret the information if you can't figure it out yourself).

Hope that helps.

Martin
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2009, 12:04 PM   #3

I would recommend you contact an authorised Epson Service Centre.

You might want to read http://www.epson.com.au/epsonprint/index.asp#Printer

Epson said:
Quote:
The printer control panel on the printer will advise you when a part needs replacing. In most cases the first time this occurs will be when the ink pads need replacing.

(...)

Eventually these pads reach a pre-set limit of ink received and need to be replaced.

When this point is reached for safety and quality reasons the printer parks the print head in the ‘off’ position to ensure it is protected to minimise the possibility of the ink in the nozzles drying out.

Again, for safety and quality reasons, the printer will not operate until the ink pads have been replaced and the ink pad counter re-set.

Epson recommends that only an authorised Epson Service Centre replace the ink pads and re-set the counter. Your printer has not been designed to allow a user to undertake this maintenance.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 5:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by antony View Post
I would recommend you contact an authorised Epson Service Centre.

You might want to read http://www.epson.com.au/epsonprint/index.asp#Printer
That's definitely an option but expect to be told that it will cost almost as much as the printer to get it serviced.

One of my waste kit customers in the USA was quoted over $200USD for a service for a Photo 1400... More than the average but still, most quote around $80+ depending on the printer.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 5:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by websnail View Post
That's definitely an option but expect to be told that it will cost almost as much as the printer to get it serviced.
That's the official option, which I am surprised it was not being mentioned/recommended first or not even mentioned at all in many threads.

It does not harm to contact Epson, and it might not cost that much. There's no need to scare people off.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by antony View Post
That's the official option, which I am surprised it was not being mentioned/recommended first or not even mentioned at all in many threads.

It does not harm to contact Epson, and it might not cost that much. There's no need to scare people off.
I would always recommend that people contact Epson first especially if their printer is in warranty. However it's worth noting that Epson use much worse "scare tactics" to try and frighten their customers into buying new printers so they can lock them back into their consumables with the latest chips, etc...

It's also worth noting that you don't get your own printer back when you send it away under warranty. Instead they send you a refurbished model which often has other problems or doesn't work properly.

As for cost, I've been told by customers that Epson service centers will quote anywhere between £28 per hour and $200 for a service depending on who and where they go.