Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 21, 2009, 6:09 AM   #1

Default Problem with printer not recognising ink cartridges anymore

Hi, I have an Epson R300 printer which has been absolutely fabulous, until i changed the inks a few days ago, and now printer says it cannot recognise the ink cartridges, but they are the same compatible ones that i have always used. Does anyone have any ideas? I have taken them out and cleaned the terminals and contacts etc. but no luck! Thanks. Ann
Annj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 22, 2009, 9:27 PM   #2

Do you have a set of used original cartridges? If so, try putting them in to see if the printer recognizes them. If so, the problem may be defective carts. Another problem which sometimes occurs is due to slight differences between cartridge dimensions, and requires considerable force to push the carts down enough for the contacts to align. You should be able to hear a definite 'click' when you seat the carts.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2009, 4:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annj View Post
Hi, I have an Epson R300 printer which has been absolutely fabulous, until i changed the inks a few days ago, and now printer says it cannot recognise the ink cartridges, but they are the same compatible ones that i have always used. Does anyone have any ideas? I have taken them out and cleaned the terminals and contacts etc. but no luck! Thanks. Ann:bash:
Hi, Same problem here since I changed to compatables..all OK 'till I put the last one in then I got the messsage 'ink out' on all colours.
I have tried Brians suggestions of replacing the original cartridges and re-seating the compatables but no luck... any more ideas anyone ?

regards

Gordon
nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:05 AM   #4

A client had this happen as well, I replaced the cartridges, still nothing detected, turned out to be the logic board died, these are the 2 parts that fail the most on Epsons, the print head, or the logic board, either way, you need a new printer, unless you want to spend a few hundred for the part to repair it.
Ink In A Wink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2009, 4:37 PM   #5

You may be able to find a spares and repair printer on FleaBay or similar but I'd be careful to check how such a printer had died so you don't end up with two dead logic boards and no working printer.
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2009, 4:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annj View Post
Hi, I have an Epson R300 printer which has been absolutely fabulous, until i changed the inks a few days ago, and now printer says it cannot recognise the ink cartridges, but they are the same compatible ones that i have always used. Does anyone have any ideas? I have taken them out and cleaned the terminals and contacts etc. but no luck! Thanks. Ann

Try removing the software and replacing it.
I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her. - Ellen DeGeneres
kgfouts is offline   Reply With Quote