Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 16, 2010, 5:10 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTphotog View Post
It was in another forum that I read of a software hack to enable longer pinting, but I don't have the link. You might try searching DPReview's printing forums for something on it.
It isn't a software hack, but Qimage will print beyond the 44" limit imposed by the R1800 driver. On roll paper, you set the printer to "Banner" mode, and Qimage will print each page without any intervening space, resulting in a complete "stitched" image as long as you want.
Wolverine@MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2010, 3:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine@MSU View Post
It isn't a software hack, but Qimage will print beyond the 44" limit imposed by the R1800 driver. On roll paper, you set the printer to "Banner" mode, and Qimage will print each page without any intervening space, resulting in a complete "stitched" image as long as you want.
I had tried Qimage on a HP Deskjet 6122, set to "banner", but it still wouldn't print beyond a 14" length on roll paper. That's why I'm now looking to buy a printer that will allow me to print on roll-feed paper. I'd prefer to utilize Qimage if it works.

Have you had success using Qimage to print longer than the printer limits? If so, can you tell me which printer worked for you?

Thanks.
testers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2010, 4:35 AM   #13

Not sure why it didn't work. You could post on the Qimage section here, or over at Mike Chaney's Forum:

http://ddisoftware.com/tech/index.php
Wolverine@MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 3:13 PM   #14

I had posted over on Qimage about this issue and several members said that Qimage will print banner beyond the 44" inch limit but not one person could tell me a printer that worked with Qimage.
testers is offline   Reply With Quote