Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:26 PM   #1

Default Plug for HP

I have gotten into photography pretty heavy over the last couple years and wanted as time and money permitted to get a decent photo printer that will print up to 13 x 19. I researched the Epsons, Canons, and HPs. After debating for the better part of last year I went to Staples with the mindset that I was going to get the Canon Pro 9000. The kid couldn't show me a sample print, evidently the store has decided they're to expensive but he mentioned a HP model B8550. It only has 5 cartridges instead of the 8 or 10 that seems to be the norm on a photo printer. I looked it over and decided since it was quite a bit more reasonable, under 300 at Staples, I would go home and look at hands on reviews from users.
I'm glad I did, it received great reviews from most users, there's always a few that complain about anything, and they claimed the quality was very good. I don't have the Epson or Canon but I can tell you it does large prints quite quickly and very good quality in my opinion. And here's the thing, I got it new, wrapped, and free shipping off of ebay for 174 bucks. If you're looking for an inexpensive wide format printer with good quality check this one out and read the reviews.
You obviously can't see the gloss quality from the pics but here is a borderless 8.5 by 11 and a 12 x 16 I took with it.
Attached Images

eharrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:31 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Thanks for the info. It looks like quite a great value for 13x19" prints under 200$.

I have been using an HP for years, smaller format 8400, and have always been pleased with the results.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote