Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 29, 2003, 7:54 PM   #1

Default i960 - b/w photos have a reddish tint

I have had my i960 for a month, color photos are excellent, however scanned b/w photos have a distinct reddish tint that is not visible when printed out on my epson 780. Black just isn't black on the i960, I am running the latest driver, WinXP, printing from EasyPhotoPrint on canon Photo Paper Pro 4x6 (I have tried the monochrome setting, played with intensity, etc without success). Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated.

V
valtchov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2003, 1:05 AM   #2

Hi- Very interesting. I have a Canon i950 that seems to print b/w with a very slight green tint. Setting on Black & White or Gray scale using Windows XP. Have tried printing through Canon EasyPhotoPrint and also just through print menu for this printer using Canon or Red River gloss papers. Can anyone out there give us some suggestions?
Mike Haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2003, 10:15 AM   #3

Default canon does not print true b/w?

I too have been having the same issues with Canon and b/w prints. My friend gave us a b/w print she did on her hp 7750 (i think that is her model) and there is no comparison. My canon i850 can not compete. I tried numerous settings. I have researched the issue on the web and not found any help. I think the issue is that Canon does not have the photo black inks and HP does. Most of my prints are tinted one way or another, but not true b/w. The prints look nice, but in a side by side, they are not so good. I am thinking about getting the i9100 or the hp 9650 and leaning towards the 9650 to do b/w, but i like the true borderless of the i9100. If someone can tell me there results with the i9100 and b/w I would like to hear your comments.

Tim
tim g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2003, 6:27 PM   #4

I am still talking to Canon techsupport about this. One of the questions I had to answer for them was if the problem occurs on plain paper. I tried it last night and the b/w image when printed on plain paper (with plain paper setting in the driver) does look much more b/w than when printed on the Canon Photo Paper Pro. It looks like it is something to do with the paper/ink combination but hey that is canon's own best paper so I am expecting it to work right. I will post back if Canon manages to resolve this issue.

V
valtchov is offline   Reply With Quote