Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 19, 2003, 10:48 AM   #11

Default LINK TO EPSON LAWSUIT - Anyone using the EPSON 300R -Comment

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,113112,00.asp

IS ANYONE USING THE EPSON 300R and can comment on photo quality and papers. Also does it take alot of programming of the settings to achieve good photo quality?? :shock:
ALICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2003, 11:52 PM   #12

I just got this printer for Christmas. So far it seems excellent. Not as speedy as my girlfriend's Canon S9000, but hey, not as expensive a printer, either. I've tried it with Epson's Premium Glossy Photo Paper and some Kodak Premium Picture Paper (Heavy Weight/High Gloss). The Epson paper prints are decidedly superior.

Anyone want to give me a rundown on how other brands of photo paper do on Epsons in general? I assume Canon and OD papers will be good.
DeadWolfBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2003, 4:42 AM   #13

I've had my R300 about a week and the prints are great. I've been using Hammermill Photo paper and the prints came out excellent. I'll be trying out the prints on Epson Paper soon. I'm waiting on my 100 pack of 4"x6"to come in. Now my question is do the Epsons suffer from fading as much as the Canon's do? I'm sure there will be a litttle fading, I just worry its not as extreme as it seems on the other threads with the Canons.
Juice_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2003, 8:02 AM   #14

Default Epson 300R AND PRINTING PHOTOS

SUPERB PHOTO QUALITY and Pretty Fast too, I am HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE over the Canon i960.
Well, I printed 2 (5 X 7's) and 1 (8 X 10 picture) on KODAK ULTIMA PICTURE PAPER (high gloss) and they are superb, the satin paper (Ultima) is not as good as the High Gloss Kodak Ultima Picture Paper. I have heard from others that this printer does not do as good with Satin or Matte papers. If you are gonna print photos use a High Gloss for better deinition! I scan my images, and have not used the digital camera ports yet.
Hey, You can buy picture paper in bulk 2-12 packs on E-Bay, Look for some great buys, This is where I got my paper. I guess the Epson's photos last 100 + years, especially under Glass Frames and resist fading better too, Watch out for cheap photo papers though, They say to use Epson Photo Paper, but the ink dye will probably stay on mostly all photo papers, I will update next week, when I print more on Kodak Ultima Paper..........HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!! and HAPPY PRINTING!!!!
ALICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2003, 1:19 PM   #15

Default R300 Ink

Is there anything different about the R300 design that would make it less cloggable? Sounds like a nice printer, but I'm reluctant to buy Epson again....
Photo Gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2003, 12:18 PM   #16

After about 8 4x6 prints and a few pages printed off the web on normal paper, the ink usage seems alarmingly high.

:?
Old Dec 31, 2003, 2:13 AM   #17

I myself have printed a doven or so web pages and 8 or nine 4x6 pictures & am somewhat surprised at how fast the ink is dwindling. Now I know you will lose some ink every time the printer is turned on. As for the Light Cyan & Magenta levels dropping at twice the rate of the other colors, I don't see that happening. The inks are pretty much all going down evenly.
Old Dec 31, 2003, 11:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice_22
I myself have printed a doven or so web pages and 8 or nine 4x6 pictures & am somewhat surprised at how fast the ink is dwindling. Now I know you will lose some ink every time the printer is turned on. As for the Light Cyan & Magenta levels dropping at twice the rate of the other colors, I don't see that happening. The inks are pretty much all going down evenly.
Indeed. I'm considering returning it (if possible) and grabbing the Canon i470D that's going for $30AR at Staples.

Anyone know if returns are workable on barely-used printers?
Old Dec 31, 2003, 12:00 PM   #19

Be careful in getting the i470D it is cheap after MIR but it is not a 6 ink printer. You would be better off getting the i560 for the same price without rebates.
Old Dec 31, 2003, 12:09 PM   #20

Yeah, the i475 is a great little printer, but it is definitely going to be more entry level than the R300. If you are used to R300 prints, spend the extra $50 over the i475D and get the i860. 5 color, fast text and individual inks. I've been using an i860 for quite a while now and it tends to sip not gulp the ink.

Brian
pdxbrian is offline   Reply With Quote