Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 7, 2010, 4:05 PM   #1

Default Canon iPF 5000: Help, Help?

This is my first post, so hello all.
I've had my ipf5000 in storage for 18 months while traveling and now need to print up the adventures. I use a Mac OSX with Snow Leopard and PS CS4. I've installed the latest Driver Version 1.33 for the 5000 and necessary plug-ins for the MAC (normally confused on these issues).

Yesterday, I got one print out of the machine. Other attempts brought on messages such as: "No paper detected, remove Cassette" "Press On-Line" all repeatedly. Does this ring bells with anyone?

Also, how can I determine what Media or paper name to use in the Control Panel when none of the papers I have (Fine Art stuff and even Canon papers) correspond with names in the Panel?

Any hints from anyone would be most useful and appreciated. I am struggling to get up to speed--especially with driver and plug-in info.

Thanks, Barb
Barbette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2010, 4:08 PM   #2

Also, probably newer machines than the 5000 could be less of a hassle. But I have the 5000 and I know it makes beautiful prints. So, I have to struggle along with it---plus, it is my learning tool and I must stick with it. It has the inks and the maintenance cartridge. Barb
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:17 PM   #3

Well, I spoke to Dustin at Canon. We got the machine to work. The paper I was trying to print with was Fine Art and too thick for the cassette. It worked from the manual feed tray. So, so far so good. I'm still fuzzy on the use of plug-ins, drivers, Media Configuration Tool among other stuff. But, I did get it printing.
What triggered the success was when he said I may need a $700 service trip from a service rep. Ha Ha. Funny man. I asked him to take another look at the cassette with me and we determined the paper was too thick...IMHO, I think he should have figured that out immediately, but I still rated this Canon Customer Rep as a 10. Barb