Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 23, 2010, 4:15 PM   #1

Default Epson R1800-Yellow Blocks?

My 3 year old R1800 has started printing yellow blocks over everything I print. For instance if I print a photo, there will be a layer of yellow over the whole print (with image visible underneath). If I print text, there will be a yellow block in close proximity to the text.
The yellow ink cartridge doesn't seem to be draining quicker than usual. I was thinking it might be a bad gloss optimizer cartridge (since it covers the whole print), but not sure. Help please.
cruz992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:48 AM   #2

It could very well be the gloss optimizer, particularly if it is over a year old. I have found on my R1800 that it has a tendency to give me a color cast at times, if the carts get outdated. The first time it happened was very frustrating. While I really like the output from the printer, it uses a bunch of ink, and, as it turns out, uses it whether or not you print with it.
Check the dates on all your carts, and suspect anything over six months old. Try a nozzle check also - sometimes a clogged nozzle on one color can show up as too much of another color.
When you get the yellow blocks printing text, is it on glossy or plain paper? The glop cartridge shouldn't affect plain paper at all.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 1:12 PM   #3

When I do a nozzle check, the yellow block appears there as well. It appears whether printing on glossy or plain. I bought all new cartridges with no luck.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver...I guess I will listen to Epson Help and put it into service as they did not have answers.
cruz992 is offline   Reply With Quote