Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 8, 2002, 12:56 PM   #1

Default panoramas possible with Canon S9000?

Hi
I'm looking into buying either an Epson 1290 or a S9000 for A3 prints with the possibility for also printing panoramas. I would have loved to buy the S9000 because it is faster (and less prone to clogging?), but I'm having difficulties finding out wether it can print panos.

The Canon support here in Norway assures me it can do 594mm, but what I really would like to do is to use some kind of rollpaper, like the Epson semi gloss, to print even longer panos and maybe construct a separate roll holder for the S9000.

So, what do you think? Can it be done? Has anybody actually tried it allready?
Regards yngve
yngve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2002, 9:43 PM   #2

The canon is unable to print with roll paper like the epson can. I know this for a fact. Plus the Epson does a better picture anyways after a printer alignment.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2002, 3:20 PM   #3

Hi Gregersonsalvage

and thanks for your input.

I've posted the same question on other forums last week as well, and it seems that buing a S9000 for A3 Panoramas would only create a big frustration. So I'm going for the Epson 1290. The only advantage the Canon has is speed. Apart from the speed , the Epson is has better picture quality, lower price, AND is actually made to print panos. ( I understand it also cuts the paper for me when I use roll)

Kind Regards
yngve
yngve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2002, 12:19 AM   #4

I dunno about the 1290 cutting paper I think thats a european version of what we have here in america 1280 which does not cut the paper for you. The only 2 printers I know of that cut the paper for you are the Photo 950 which should be out now in europe and the 2200 which is out across the world. Take a look at these new printers. The only true downsides on them will be the that the color calibrations for these new inks have not fully matured.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2002, 7:14 PM   #5

Default Panoramas with CanonS9000

yngve
I have successfully printed panoramas on my CanonS9000 up to 11 inches X 43 inches. The method I use is described in detail on the luminous landscape web site (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/discus/index.html). Essentially, the method relies on using the "banner printing" setting.
Regards
John
johnshep is offline   Reply With Quote