Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 18, 2003, 6:17 PM   #1

Default Canon S530D

My new S530D requires a head cleaning prior to printing anything with black text. Not using the printer for as little as 24 hours produces no black text. Immediately after a head cleaning, everything works and prints perfectly; colors are apparently unaffected. Does anyone else have this problem and what can be done about it? BTW, Canon support is useless.
jtc218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2003, 9:09 PM   #2

Can I ask how much you paid for it?

To be perfectly honest with you, unless the card reader and direct printing is absolutely necessary at a low price point, return it and buy the i860 for $149. It is faster, better quality and more reliable. If you absolutely need the card reader, look at the i475D or the i900D. The i900D is the big brother to the i960 and its price is $249.

Don't know why but the S530D is still #1 on consumer reports but any of the new Canon printers will be faster, better quality and most even cheaper to operate.
pdxbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2003, 10:28 PM   #3

How much I paid for the S530D is academic at this point. I already owe the thing and I can't return it for another model. Consumer Reports' rating played a major role in my purchasing this printer and I now realize it was a BIG mistake.
jtc218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2003, 1:14 AM   #4

Sorry bud...I didn't intend to totally rip on your new purchase I just wanted to see if it was possble to return it. Consumer reports in my opinion is the most worthless f'd up publication because of instances like this where someone will read it and base a purchase on what they say. It is also by no fault of the reader because consumer reports purports itself to be the expert on unbiased, excellent reviews. F them I say. Take your S530D, throw it through their office windows and go buy an i860. You'll feel much better and actually enjoy your new printer.

-Brian
pdxbrian is offline   Reply With Quote