Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 9, 2010, 5:42 AM   #1

Default Epson R320 Print CD Win 7 Problem

I would appreciate advice please on how to get my Epson Photo R320 to print CDs
Print CD works fine using WinXP but I cannot get it to work on my new computer installed with Win7, I get the message 'The EPSON printer driver
dealing with CD Printing is not installed' I have visited EPSON driver download site and installed the driver recommended but I still keep getting the same message. I have tried every Print CD driver on the site ie for Vista, Win7 etc and still I cannot get it to work. I have installed the Epson Easy Print Module that Epson recommends to solve this problem and that didn't work.
Any other suggestions would be welcom. Thanks.
Altone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 16, 2010, 6:42 PM   #2

One thing I would try would be to un-and reinstall the Print CD software. Sometimes, software looks for drivers when it is first installed, and that's it. If the drivers are updated, it doesn't recognize them. Don't know for sure, in this case, but it's worth a try.
If that doesn't work, if you have the premium version of Win7, you can try setting the compatibility mode back to XP.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2010, 9:39 PM   #3

I would appreciate advice as well for the same problem, did you finally solve the problem? my Epson Photo R320 to print CDs works fine using WinXP but I cannot get it to work on my new computer installed with Win7, I get the message "The EPSON printer driver dealing with CD Printing is not installed' I have visited EPSON driver download site and installed the driver recommended but I still keep getting the same message as well. Also when I try to add a dvd picture it says ''this is not a epson print cd file'' as it is because its just a jpeg picture and it worked well before.
I'm very desperate, please help me! I have windows 7 prof. 64bits
dstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:51 PM   #4

Win7 pro has the 'xp mode' option, though I think you may have to d/l the file to do it. It allows you to run what is basically xp, under win7, so any xp software should work with it. IIRC, the d/l is around 500 MB.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:43 AM   #5

Default Working Solution

Plug in with Windows 7, let the automatic drivers install.

Share the printer.

Load XP Mode.

In Command Prompt (CMD in Start Menu) type: "net use lpt1 \\computername\printername".

Install the Epson XP Printer Driver from Epson's website.

Select LTP1 for the printer.

Install Print CD from Epson's website.
StriderNL is offline   Reply With Quote