Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 2, 2004, 4:28 PM   #1

Default OK Steve, printer ?

Background: I currently have a hp psc 2410 photosmart all in one printer that does an pretty nicle job but I have to swap out the black print cartidge with the photo cartridge whenever I want to print photos. Not a really big deal, BUT....I sometimes have to realign the print heads each time (wasting ink) and it's a bit of an inconvenience when I just want to print out one photo.

So, I'm thinking about putting a second printer online dedicated solely to photo printing. I've considered the following printers:

Canon i960, i9100
HP 7960
Epson 2200

Since you've looked at all of them, I'd like to hear some of your comments specifically regarding these 3 (or others if you think they're worth a look)

The advantage of using the HP is that I already use the same inks (except for the newer photo gray one) and I would get the added benefit of B&W printing. I'm not doing that much B&W at the moment, but I do like the medium

Advantage of Canon is the individual color cartridges and high quality with high speed. Disadvantage is longevity, but any archival prints would be done professionally (I don't sell prints currently()

Advantage of i9100 and Epson is wide carraige, but I don't know how much advantage I would take of that.

Epson's prints receive rave reviews from everyone. Disadvantage is higher initial cost and higher ink costs (I remember how often I had to clean the nozzles of an Epson C80..Is this still an issue?)

Disregarding initial purchase price, which printer do you think would fit into my plan?

Also open to others who have compared the printers, but I'm looking for constructive comparison comments and not personal biases.

Thanks in advance!
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links