Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 2, 2004, 11:14 PM   #1

Default hp7960/Epson 2200(?)/Canon i960 (a request)

This is an odd request for me and perhaps for you too

I am considering on purchasing a printer in the near future and am currently looking at the upcoming Epson R800, HP 7960 or Oly P-440.

While reading helps out a great deal; spec/opinion wise, it would be nice to actually see prints made with these printers first.

The problem: due to my remote location (an island, to be precise) and my community not selling computers/ peripherals etc. I have absalutely no way to do any real comparisons.

Therefore, I am wondering if anyone here owning either a hp7960, Epson 2200 or Canon i960 would be willing to print a 5x7 & send me the photo?

I would be willing to pay for your time, effort and paper either with a postal money order or via paypal.

I've added Canon in here as I am curious beings that I have given thought to it in the past.
As for the Epson, I expect it will out-perform the R800 but thinking it might be a closer match to the R800?
The HP, I would like to get 2 photos: 1 b&w and 1 color. If you happen to have an image editing program and know how to convert color to b&w, that'd be a plus! If not, I can try to make due with my editor. It would do fine...it's the operator I don't trust :lol:

I would send an uncompressed jpeg photo (possibly cropped). My only request aside from this is that I would prefer dealing with someone who has either been a long-standing member or who has, for a-while, been an active poster.

If anyone would be willing to do this, I'd greatly appreciate it. If you are interested (or should I say, willing?) contact me at ( typing in a way as to throw of spam bots):

informativetoo(at)inorbit(dot)com
informativetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2004, 2:16 AM   #2

or you could pm me (as seen below each post). I just discovered this. :shock:

I had assumed that you had to have a link to a messenger service outside this site...until I tried it. Nice feature
Old Jan 7, 2004, 10:11 PM   #3

Update: an individual here responded to my request and kindly offered to print me photos from his HP 7960 printer.

Thank you :!: You know who you are 8)
Old Jan 8, 2004, 9:34 AM   #4

Not trying to sound like a jerk but, why don't you go to a store that has these printer in stock, take a media card and ask them to print out some demo pics for you? Most reputable places will be happy to oblige you.

Mark
mkoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2004, 11:31 PM   #5

mkoso,

As I stated in my first post to the thread:

Quote:
The problem: due to my remote location (an island, to be precise) and my community not selling computers/ peripherals etc. I have absalutely no way to do any real comparisons.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 8:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by informativetoo
mkoso,

As I stated in my first post to the thread:

Quote:
DOH! Sometimes I only see/hear what I want to. Anyhow, PM me and I can hook you up with and i960 print. That is if, I meet your requirements! :-)

Mark
mkoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2004, 7:52 PM   #7

Quote:
DOH! Sometimes I only see/hear what I want to.
I have been found guilty of doing this too, from time-to-time

Quote:
Anyhow, PM me and I can hook you up with and i960 print. That is if, I meet your requirements!
Thank you mkoso, what a pleasant suprise! I will pm you a little later regarding this. If not tonight, tomorrow.
I really appreciate it. :!:

Update to this post (edit mode)...mkoso, I just sent you a pm.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 8:20 AM   #8
csd

informativetoo -
after you accomplish this mission, can you reply back to this post and let us know of your opinions? I'm in the market to upgrade my printer sometime soon (currently leaning towards the i9600) - so am curious as to what you find.
Thanks!
csd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2004, 11:34 PM   #9

csd,

Will do. I just sent a few emails w/attachment to the 2 folks who are willing to help me out. No word from an Epson user.
Therefore, if you are looking at either the hp or canon...I'll be able to give you my thoughts on both, when they arrive.

Expect that it will take some time, as I am sure both are busy with day-to-day activities like most of us

When mail is sent to me from the lower 48...usually takes about 4-6 days to reach me. If you check you pm messages on this site, I'll leave a message for you there when the photos arrive.

Again, a thank you to mkoso and the other individual willing to help me out on this. Without them, I'd be stuck hoping I got the right printer.
This way, I can make some real comparisons.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 1:51 PM   #10

Hey informativetoo

Good luck with your printer choice.

I have had great luck printing to hp 990cse and then putting prints
in the pvc free sleeves available at "any computer store" like
Staples which you may not have.

Some have been in sleeves for four years with no fade or
stick to the sleeve (as others have reported here).

If you would like me to pick up some sheet protectors for you
I would be happy to do so.

Is is true? No woman is an island (now)?

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote