Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:40 PM   #11

Hi Zig,

In answer to your question, this beautiful bird is a Hoopoe, and can be found across three continents; Europe, Africa, and Asia. The one you see here is one of a pair I spent three days photographing recently not far from where I live.

Hoopoes are classified in the Coraciiformes clade, a group that also includes kingfishers, bee-eaters, rollers, all of which are favourites of mine :^)

Wishing you a great one ahead :^)

Ashley

Ashley
avl369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2011, 6:25 PM   #12
IIS

Hi Guys...interesting dialogue. I have a question. I am contemplating purchasing this printer and canít make up my mind - itís been 4 months! I donít have any doubt about the quality, it is the running costs that make me nervous. Any professional photographer that I know all use labs due to the high running costs of a good printer. How do you find the 9500 Mk2 in this respect
IIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2011, 11:31 PM   #13

Hi IIS,

In fairness, I don't have any experiences with any other printer, so I can't really compare running costs, and over here in Thailand I've no idea whether the cost of ink cartridges works out cheaper or more expensive than in the West.

What I can tell you is that I've estimated the cost of printing up an A4 size photo as being approximately US$1; for A3 obviously double that.

I've also chosen to work with only Canon's own brand inkjet paper (Semi-Gloss is my preferred choice), and each A$ sheet works out about US$0.65; again, A3 double that.

While I've replaced all the ink cartridges several time already (I must have printed well over the equivalent of 200 A4-size photos so far), the one colour that seems to get used up much faster than all the others is grey.

My main reasons for deciding to print all my own images up to A3 size was that I've found the consistency, reliability, and integrity of print labs in Thailand is far from good, so I'm quite happy printing my own at these prices. And I'm happy to say that the quality of the 9500 MKII combined with Canon's own paper is to my eye fantastic.

Ashley
avl369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 4:21 AM   #14
IIS

Default Thanks Ashley

Thank you so much for your reply Ashley...very useful. Except that you are paying in $US which I gather by looking at prices on line are VERY favourable, compared with those that we have to pay down-under in NZ. Next time I go to the States I will stock up on inks (If I buy this printer, which I would really like to do.) Itís rally just a matter of picking up the Ďphone!! There is a lot to be said for the convenience of printing/ tweaking your own images.

Kind regards
Iris
IIS is offline   Reply With Quote