Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 6, 2004, 7:06 PM   #1

Default Piecemeal poster printing

Would appreciate some help with my following problem:

I have a Canon Powershot G5 coupled with an I9100 printer. What I would like to do it take a single picture (captured at highest resolution) and explode it into 4 quadrants, printing each quadrant on a separate 13x19 sheet.

I used the Canon software to break up the image, slicing it into 4 equal quadrants (each of the 'new' pictures was the same pixel dimensions). When I printed the images however, the edges of the pages did not match up exactly - I would say they were off by about 1/8".

At this point I realized that the printer software automatically crops each page you print (it crops it to the middle). So I thought I'd have this fixed by cropping the upper left picture to the bottom right, the upper left picture to the bottom left, etc., in effect printing the maximum amount of picture starting at the center point.

Well this didn't work. So what gives? How can I print these pictures so that they match up when put next to each other ? (and yes, I am using borderless printing).

Thanks a lot.
MB
mblocher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2004, 8:24 PM   #2

Default tiling

Can't really solve your problem, other than suggesting maybe printing with borders and then triming with a paper cutter. What I was curious about, however, was how you divided the image up using the canon software. Please let me know who you did that. Thanks.

Tim Gangloff

canon s400, i9100, etc....
tim g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 11:33 AM   #3

Tim - I just opened up the original image and figured out the dimensions. Then I cropped four new pictures out of that, each being 1/4 of the original size. I used the cropping tool that shows up at the bottom of the page whenever you double click a picture in the EX Browser application.
mblocher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 12:32 PM   #4

I know absolutely nothing about what you are doing but in the past I have seen software on Ebay that apparently helps create wall photo murals, using your printer.
I went back to Ebay and typed in "printer software murals" and pulled up the software aforementioned.

I don't know if this (software) would help you or not but thought to mention it.

Good luck.
informativetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 5:57 PM   #5

Default thanks

Thanks for the help mblocher. I'll give it a try...
tim g is offline   Reply With Quote