Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 8, 2004, 10:04 AM   #1

Default Had it with Ink Jets

I have been trying for a year now to get a very good print from the Ink jet Printers.
My last one was a Canon S900 which I thougth was made for Prints.
After the first test the pictures were OK but not great as I waunted.
Then the Blacks went out and had it fixed by a Canon repair shop under warranty, and as the tech said Canon was having problems with the prints heads. Now back in working order but all my prints still have streack in them spaced about 1/4 inch apart going across the print on the blue color and sometimes the reds and blacks. After looking at the cost of the paper, ink replacemant, ( hard to keep all 6 of them full ) I am looking to go to the Dye Sub printers and hope the output will be better. For as the cost for the Hi TI models I have read its cost is getting very close to the Ink Jet cost and wheh it time to put in more paper a new ribbon is also replaced from the pack.
steveJfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2004, 10:28 AM   #2

The Hiti series (630pl, 630ps or 640ps) use the same consumables. The package comes with ribbon and 50 pages of 4X6 photo paper. The cost will be about $20 per pack. I purchase my supplies from www.newegg.com. The Hiti system makes three passes with the colors and then adds a protective coat on the last pass. The photos should last a lifetime. The quality will rival any photo lab work. Limitations is that the printer prints only 4X6 output.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2004, 1:55 PM   #3

Thanks for the comeback. I finally did a head aliment, deep clean , and the outcome is allot better. I did not want to sell the Ink Jets short
as I have seen some good prints from other printers even Canon. One point in favor of Ink Jets is they can print in different sizes. Maybe I can stay on top of the cleaning process, and head aliment this time.
For the most part I do mostly the 4x6 prints and the Hi Ti printer is looking better for that purpose. For as the cost of the replacement Ink, I have found the $2.75ea ( 6 total) cartages are working Good in the Canon, not the $11.99 ea ones from a local supplier.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 1:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveJfrank
For as the cost of the replacement Ink, I have found the $2.75ea ( 6 total) cartages are working Good in the Canon, not the $11.99 ea ones from a local supplier.
I hope to god you somehow are finagling to get OEM inks for that much. If you are using aftermarket inks and are having all those problems, this is all I have to say :shock:

WHAT THE HECK (censor myself) DO YOU EXPECT?

If you buy replacement inks, be prepared for head clogging streaking and everything else Epson owners with OEM inks come to expect. (just kidding..i think?) That is the price of saving the $ per tank.[/b]

Those HiTi dye-subs are cool though. Kinda spendy per print..it'd almost be worth it just to use costco for something like that since they are 19 cents each. Who knows...
pdxbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 8:12 AM   #5

Like I said after the head aliment, and deep cleaning, the printer with the cheap Ink Tanks seem to be working fine now.
Thanks for the info.