Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 8, 2004, 7:56 PM   #1

Default Hey, Epson! Where's my R300?

Because I wanted to save a few bucks through Epson's year-end rebate, I paid for an R300 five weeks ago and still don't have it!

Epson's rebate requires that the camera and printer be on the same invoice. Since Best Buy was "temporarily" out of the R300 on December 4, The only way for them to place the camera and printer on the same invoice was by paying for the printer in advance. But, not to worry, they would be re-stocked any day...

Well, Epson, Santa's long since recuperated from his rounds. New Year's hangovers are well-resolved. Will this printer's delivery now be a St. Patty's Day event? Whoops, no good: the rebate expires 1/31/04!

I see that there aren't any at CompUSA either. Same for Office Max. Epson is "out of stock" at their online store. The Epson rep can give no clue, and neither can the Best Buy folks.

Anybody else waiting for the R300? This must have been some hot item in November for them to have dried up weeks before Christmas. Or......... is Epson having problems re manufacturing? I haven't heard of any complaints among existing owners. Any clues out there?????
Uncle Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2004, 3:05 PM   #2

Hi Uncle Q .. I had the same problem late November .. I picked one up locally (only one place had them in town) .. used it for a week and ran out of light magenta and light cyan. The store I bought it from had been promising me inks since the day I bought it .. but they couldn't deliver. So I returned it the store for a full refund. I complained to Epson about availability of inks (while I still had the printer), and the fact that you had to purchase the printer and camera on the same invoice. Their reply was to send me a complete set of free inks as a guesture of goodwill (unfortunately they arrived after I'd returned the printer and was seriously contemplating getting a canon printer). I then found a company locally advertising the R300M (with the monitor) .. they were out of stock, but their main office/store had them in stock .. and they free shipped it to me.
My advice is .. get on to Epson customer service .. try and get them to compensate you with free inks for the rebate, go grab one somewhere else. The printer is worth waiting for .. believe me.
el-diablo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2004, 4:17 PM   #3

Diablo, thanks for the reply...I noticed in another thread - same date - that you said you had begun seeing these again lately. Mind saying where you've seen them?

Thanks, Q
Uncle Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2004, 4:26 PM   #4

Q .. I've seen them in Staples, London Drugs (Canadian store) Vistek, Office depot .. to name but a few. The inks are turning up now as well. .. I hope that helps. :twisted:
el-diablo666 is offline   Reply With Quote