Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 14, 2004, 12:32 PM   #1

Default Canon at CES - New Printers!

If any of you guys went to CES and saw Canon, they had an incredible booth. It was very cool to see what they had going.

Now, I was able to squeeze some cool information out of some booth people there. Based on what I have seen elsewhere online and with Canon's Japanese models, this will be very close to truth.

1) i80 mobile printer coming out - Bluetooth, changable colors, 2pl ink droplets and even faster and slightly smaller.

2) All new wide-format coming out (i9600 is my guess). It will be 8 color (red and green colors), 2pl ink droplets, almost 8,000 nozzles (yes, holy s**t thats a lot) and apparently without the current head problem of the i9100. Also, it will only be $499 dropping the i9100 to either 300 or 400$

3) i990-type printer to hit US. It will be different slightly than the i990 in Japan and europe, but we will see it for sure. The only thing I cannot clear up is if it will have the 7 or 8 color ink system.

4) This will likely be this big one. I couldn't get any more details than this, but Canon is apparently going to release its first consumer pigment based printer. It is supposedly an "R800 killer" but we'll have to see about that. The guy said it would also be 8 color, be geared specifically for glossy prints, will beat the R800 price point and have a wider color gamut than any other pigment ink out there. I couldn't get anymore details, as I guess Canon has got this under tight wraps.

Pretty cool though huh? We will see some in the spring they said, but most in fall.
canonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links