Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 31, 2004, 6:52 PM   #1

Default Perforated Paper

I was at Staples today and I bought some 4x6 Glossy Photo Paper for my Epson Stylus r300. I did not realize until after I got home and opened the paper that it was perforated paper. My question is, can I use this paper with my Epson Stylus r300 without tearing off all the edges, or do I have to tear off the edges before I use it? Is there a setting especially for perforated paper? Thanks.
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 1, 2004, 8:52 PM   #2

Default R300 printer paper

Mojoman,

I looked in my R300 manual and found nothing about that kind of paper for the Epson. If you haven't opened it, take it back and swap it for the 100 sheet value pack 4x6 premium glossy photo paper, # S041727. It is really great photo paper. Prints look great.

Steve
harr840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2004, 3:40 PM   #3

Thanks for your response. If for some reason I canít return the paper, can I just tear off all the perforated edges of all the paper and use it like regular paper? Or is the other paper just better?
Old Feb 2, 2004, 4:48 PM   #4

Default Perforated photo paper

Mojoman,

Is the perforated paper you purchased made by Epson. I purchased a pack of Epson borderless premium glossly photo paper from Best Buy and a pack from www.altex.com. I did not see any perforated photo paper. My printer manual does not list this kind of photo paper. By the way, the paper and printer ink is cheaper from altex and it is made by Epson. It is great paper. The prints look great. I scanned a studio 8x10 photo of my grandkids and printed out a 5x7 of the same. It looks fantastic (a duplicate of the studio photo). I do have problems sometimes with the software. But, with more experience I will overcome this. I've only had my R300 for a week. Let me know what happens. Take care.

Steve
harr840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2004, 5:16 PM   #5

The paper I bought is the Epson 4x6 Photo Paper. If I tear off the edges it seems to work good. Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 12:36 PM   #6

I work at Staples, and the only Epson 4x6 paper we have is the perforated type. After almost an hour of fiddling with paper settings on my Epson 785EPX, I was not able to figure out a way to print effectively without removing the perforations. Because of this hassle, I just buy packs of Hammermill Jet Print Photo 4x6, costs a couple dollars less than Epson for 60 sheets and is true 4x6.

One thing I've noticed...my printer seems to not fully pull the 4x6 paper in at first. It'll spend about 30secs printing on nothing before it finally pulls the paper in far enough to start printing on it (this is with the borderless option). Seems to waste ink, and spray the inside of the printer.

-- phoenix
http://phoenix-san.deviantart.com
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2004, 12:08 AM   #7

I have a canon so I don't know the specifics about your Epson. I believe the perforated paper is to give you the borderless prints. Kind of a cheat way I think.

Set the print section so it bleeds over the perforation and then tear away and you have a borderless print.
PKchopper is offline   Reply With Quote