Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 3, 2004, 2:41 PM   #1

Default Epson R300 print settings help

I purchased the R300 from Staples last week. I just got a chance to set it up yesterday and have been trying to print a good photo ever since. My prints come out either over saturated, washed out, or a little blurry. I have a Canon G5 camera set to the highest resolution as my picture source and have been using Photoshop CS and Photoshop Elements 2.0 to print. I tried the EXIF settings using the Photoshop plug-in with average at best results.

All I read in user reviews is how great their prints look but for some reason I can't seem to get there.

Can someone give me a run down of their settings :?:
SonicTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2004, 3:11 PM   #2

Default R300 Prints

SonicTom,

I just received my R300 on 1/28. The only problem I have had was getting the card reader software to work correctly. I reloaded the software and have since had no problem. Out of 12 prints I have printed, 2 were poor quality, and the rest were out of this world. I just followed the instructions, did not change any settings and have had beautiful results. The quality of the prints is outstanding. There are several screens to go thru. I am using Epson premium glossy photo paper and am sold on it. A pack may be purchased from www.altex.com for $9.70 or BestBuy for
$13.99. This is what I will use exclusively. Best of luck.

Steve
harr840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2004, 3:41 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply Steve. Did you use film factory to print or something else? I followed the instructions and for some reason it's not working for me. Maybe I'll try Epson photo paper and see if it makes a difference. I'm currently using Kodak Premium paper I bought at Costco.
SonicTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2004, 6:33 PM   #4

Default R300 Prints, SonicTom

Turn to page 52 in your owner's manual. When the print wizard comes on select next. At the next screen you choose your printer and be sure to select preferences. This is where you choose your paper size, quality of photo, borderless or not, and be sure to select preview, and etc. Select next, choose the bottom print format on the next screen, it is for borderless prints. Select next or print (I do not remember which). You should get another screen that has a button at the top marked print. Click this and then a screen will come up with print progress and ink levels. When the print is finished there will be a print wizard screen to select finish. I have not actually tried the film factory to print photos yet. Hope this helps.

Steve
Old Feb 15, 2004, 8:43 PM   #5

Steve are you an Epson Rep??

I used to be one for 3 years and sold over 10,000 of them.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2004, 10:32 PM   #6

Default Epson R300

Greg,

I am not an Epson rep. Might be a good job though since I am retiring from the military and looking for a job. I researched every mag review, article, personal reviews that I could find about the new HPs, Canon, and the Epson R300 series. From the information that I found, I believed that the Epson R300 is the best out there for the price. I had a little software problems at first, but I believe that I was the problem. All my pics have turned out great. I have no regret a/b the R300. I like Epson so much, that I gave my son my Lexmark printrio and ordered me a new CX5400 all-in-one. Should be here at the end of the week. Looking forward to it. Epson is the greatest.

Steve
Old Feb 15, 2004, 10:33 PM   #7

Default Epson R300

Greg,

I am not an Epson rep. Might be a good job though since I am retiring from the military and looking for a job. I researched every mag review, article, personal reviews that I could find about the new HPs, Canon, and the Epson R300 series. From the information that I found, I believed that the Epson R300 is the best out there for the price. I had a little software problems at first, but I believe that I was the problem. All my pics have turned out great. I have no regret a/b the R300. I like Epson so much, that I gave my son my Lexmark printrio and ordered me a new CX5400 all-in-one. Should be here at the end of the week. Looking forward to it. Epson is the greatest.

Steve
Old Feb 16, 2004, 7:52 PM   #8

sonictom, I've had less than great results from Kodak paper on my older Canon. And have not seem much good said about it here either. The photo shop I go to doesn't even carry it. They say don't waste your money and here we are in Kodak's back yard. tim
tim55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2004, 10:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTom
Thanks for the reply Steve. Did you use film factory to print or something else? I followed the instructions and for some reason it's not working for me. Maybe I'll try Epson photo paper and see if it makes a difference. I'm currently using Kodak Premium paper I bought at Costco.
I had pretty crappy results using Kodak Premium on my R300. Canon and Epson papers seem to work about 100x better.
DeadWolfBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 12:11 AM   #10

Default Re: Epson R300

WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE CANON I860 DID IT COME IN SECOND WHAT WAS ABOUT THE I860 THAT DISQUALIFIED IT

THANKS

LOU[

quote="harr840"]Greg,

Steve [/quote]
PAISANO5 is offline   Reply With Quote