Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 14, 2004, 7:00 PM   #1

Default Canon i960 and panoramas

I am thinking about replacing my Epson Color Stylus 800 with the Canon i960. Does anyone know if the i960 can print on Panoramic paper (8.3" x 23.4") ? I sure do not want to give that up.

Thx!
paternl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2004, 3:39 PM   #2

Canon wonít put panorama capability in their printers because they donít produce panorama paper. The i9100 and soon to be released i9900 will do only 24 inch wide prints. The i960 might be less. Ask on the http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum...um=1003&page=1 printer forum and someone can probably give you the exact width it will print to, but I would be very surprised if it will do panos.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2004, 11:05 AM   #3

Default Canon or Epson for next peinter...?

Thanks for your reply.

It seems strange that Canon's digicams come with support for panoramas (in the camera and in their bundled software), but their printers aren't capable of printing a 24" long sheet of paper!!(?)

I still hope it isn't true, but I've searched Canon's i960 website for paper specs, and I can't find any support for Panoramic paper (8.3" x 23.4") anywhere. I am glad I picked up on this before buying the i960. I may stay with Epson afterall.

Canon won't allow technical questions via their website--unless you own a i960--as one must provide a serial number! Poor!!

I will join the DPReview forum and ask per your suggestion. Thanks for the tip.
paternl is offline   Reply With Quote