Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 3, 2004, 7:11 PM   #11

Default Re: I chose the Canon i960

I GUESS I SHOULD PROFILE MY I860 FOR OPTIMUM RESULTS AS YOU SUGGEST.

WOULD IT BE THE SAME PROFILING AS FOR THE I960

HOW DO I DO THAT?

LOU THANKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicho1as
I faced the same decision a couple months ago. I chose the i960 and I'm thrilled.

My reasoning:
The i960 is faster without sacrificing quality. No doubt both produce outstanding prints, but the i960 is approx 50% faster. The R300 CD printing ability is quite the feature. But ultimately I wanted a photo printer. CD/DVD printing was just a nice bonus for the R300. Not a deciding factor.

I already have a firewire CF reader. I'm not certain of the benefit of a seven in one reader. My camera only shoots CF. So it's all I need. So this didn't weigh into the decision.

The i960 felt more solid. This may or not be an indicator of quality. But I found it reassuring.

The Epson doesn't have opaque ink cartridges. Epson (and probably other mfrs) has been know to be deceptive about ink usage. With the Canon you know if an ink cartridge is truly empty.

After all of this I was about ready to choose the i960. Then I read the Macworld review and I knew the i960 was the choice for me. To summarize the review (though you can read it online): both are good printers but the i960 has the edge in detail. The colors for the R300 are better out of the box, but if you profile your printer the i960 has the better color fidelity. I alway profile my printer so the decision was clear.

Good luck with your printer.
PAISANO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2004, 7:25 PM   #12

I WENT TO THE MACWORLD SITE & COULDN'T FIND THE REVIEW ALL I FOUND WAS AN ARTICLE BEIFLLY MENTIONING THE FEATURES WITH NO COMMENTS
CAN YOU POINT ME AT IT?
LOU

After all of this I was about ready to choose the i960. Then I read the Macworld review and I knew the i960 was the choice for me. To summarize the review (though you can read it online): both are good printers but the i960 has the edge in detail. The colors for the R300 are better out of the box, but if you profile your printer the i960 has the better color fidelity. I alway profile my printer so the decision was clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicho1as
I faced the same decision a couple months ago. I chose the i960 and I'm thrilled.

My reasoning:
The i960 is faster without sacrificing quality. No doubt both produce outstanding prints, but the i960 is approx 50% faster. The R300 CD printing ability is quite the feature. But ultimately I wanted a photo printer. CD/DVD printing was just a nice bonus for the R300. Not a deciding factor.

I already have a firewire CF reader. I'm not certain of the benefit of a seven in one reader. My camera only shoots CF. So it's all I need. So this didn't weigh into the decision.

The i960 felt more solid. This may or not be an indicator of quality. But I found it reassuring.

The Epson doesn't have opaque ink cartridges. Epson (and probably other mfrs) has been know to be deceptive about ink usage. With the Canon you know if an ink cartridge is truly empty.

Good luck with your printer.
PAISANO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2004, 7:35 PM   #13

[quote="PAISANO5"]I CAN YOU POINT ME AT IT?
LOU

All right, I'll give you the link, but you have to PROMISE to stop using all caps when you type.

http://www.macworld.com/2004/02/reviews/photoprinters/
Nicho1as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2004, 10:12 AM   #14

Default Thanks for the input and links....I think I've made MY

decsion now! I've been lurking about and reading the posts...I think I'm going to go with the i960....
Beth
groovymom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 10:23 AM   #15

I think you made a very good decision. I have had my i960 for about two months now. Still amazed at the prints. To me they look better than most photo lab prints. No one I show them to can believe they were printed at home.

Happy printing!
MacDuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2004, 9:37 PM   #16

I've had the i960 for a few months now and, I love it too. The quality of printing home photos has improved vastly in the past year and, I honestly don't think anyone would go wrong with any photo printer in this price range.
mkoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2004, 4:21 PM   #17

I have the Canon i905D. Its absolultely brilliant and with superb borderless A4 sized prints. LCD display, CF and memory card slots, seperate ink tanks and a CD label printer attachment. No need to even link to a computer. What more could one want. :P
geoff.rio is offline   Reply With Quote