Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 22, 2004, 8:00 PM   #1

Default EPSON R 300 Photo Help

I just got my printer a week ago! Is there anyway to print 3 4x6 pics on 81/2 x 11 paper? I can only figure out to print 2 4x6's!! That's a waste of paper huh! Any help would be appreciated!

thanks,
angela
SilentCries is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2004, 8:14 PM   #2

Default Epson R300 Printing Help

SilentCries,

Why don't you buy a pack of Epson premium glossy photo paper (bordeless 4x6)? It comes 100 to a pack and Best Buy sells it for around $13.95 us. You can also buy it from www.altex.com for $9.95 plus shipping. Seems it would be less expensive this way. The prints are great on this paper.

Steve
harr840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2004, 11:56 PM   #3

You can also try Qimage.

I am trying out the trial version, and am happy so far, you just need something to cut the paper.

You can put three 4X6 on one letter size paper, or fool around with the sizes to fit as much as can be fitted on one page.

worth a try

D
dudlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2004, 3:13 PM   #4

Watch for specials at your local stores. I bought a 100-pack of 4"x6" Epson Premium Glossy paper at CompUSA for $9.95. Just two weeks ago, I bought two of these on a 2-for-1 special @ OfficeMax...that's $7.50 per pack!

If you just want to use up some 8.5 x 11.5 that you have on hand, why not try cutting the paper first and then printing each as a 4 x 6. You'll have to cut it after printing anyway.....

Doing it this way, you could be even more economical by cutting the letter-size sheet into four equal quarters of 4.25 (or 4) x 5.75 and using a custom setting for the paper size. Although I haven't tried this, I don't see why it wouldn't work to produce prints only 1/4" shorter than standard.
Uncle Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2004, 3:14 PM   #5

Watch for specials at your local stores. I bought a 100-pack of 4"x6" Epson Premium Glossy paper at CompUSA for $9.95. Just two weeks ago, I bought two of these on a 2-for-1 special @ OfficeMax...that's $7.50 per pack!

If you just want to use up some 8.5 x 11.5 that you have on hand, why not try cutting the paper first and then printing each as a 4 x 6. You'll have to cut it after printing anyway.....

Doing it this way, you could be even more economical by cutting the letter-size sheet into four equal quarters of 4.25 (or 4) x 5.75 and using a custom setting for the paper size. Although I haven't tried this, I don't see why it wouldn't work to produce prints only 1/4" shorter than standard.
Uncle Q is offline   Reply With Quote