Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 23, 2004, 3:17 PM   #1

Default Epson Stylus Photo 780 Print Monitor problem on 2000/XP

Is anyone having a problem where you get numerous error dialog boxes from the Epson Stylus Photo 780 print monitor on 2000/XP but not on Windows 95/98?

For this printer, Epson has updated drivers (version 6.X) and for Windows 95/98, but only version 5.X (I believe 5.22) for Windows 2000/XP. Funny thing is the print monitor software is newer for 2000/XP (v 3v1.0des 11/08/01) then for 95/98 ( v 3v1.0bA 03/30/01)

Anyhow, I get numerous print error messages from the print monitor, and the monitor will not show the ink levels in the driver preferences window while I am making preference selections while preparing to print. However, while printing, the ink level is shown, only to be greyed-out when the printing stops.

The printer works fine, I just keep getting annoying error messages that I have to just ignore before, during and after printing.

Any help or info would be appreciated. I e-mailed Epson but got no reply. My next step is to call them, but I suspect a lengthy wait time.

Thanks.
AdamJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 23, 2004, 3:21 PM   #2

> and the monitor will not show the ink levels in the driver

Are you sure you are using the version of the driver from Epson's web site and not the one that came with XP/2000?
I have seen problems whereby a vendor supplied driver doesn't install properly (or at all) if a windowsXP driver was already selected and installed prior. If you suspect this may be the case - the best thing to do is to delete the driver - shut off the printer and reboot - then begin installing the Espson driver before powering up the printer.
cczych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2004, 12:54 PM   #3

Default Driver Reinstall

Thanks cczych. I was fairly certain I had the latest Epson-supplied (not XP-native) driver installed, but I removed the driver and monitor and did what you suggested. Unfortunately, I still get the same results.

Thanks for the suggestion.
AdamJP is offline   Reply With Quote