Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 24, 2004, 11:44 AM   #1

Default New HP7960

Just got a 7960 and I'm not all that happy, think I would have done better with a Canon i960. First I get pixilation at sharp edges when printing at or over 75% (under 100%) image size. Second the B&W images all have a warm tone (like Agfa Portiga), hard to get a cold tone like Brovira. I found that one should print color prints using the black cartrige save the grey for B&W. Called HP about the pixilation and it took 3 days to get someone who understood what I was talking about. Was told that the pixilation shouldn't happen and to try another 7960 I did, same results. They also recomended that I print with the black cartrige, I did : it didn't cure the pixilation but I found out that the prints were just as good if not better. So the grey cartrige is only for B&W. The prints are god, customer service s**ks, B&W's so so and I would have done better with the i960 ($100 less). I don't think the 7960 is worth the money. Using a canon S50 and S100, like em both.

Da Bird
Da Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2004, 12:23 PM   #2

You are one of many who think that. Go trade it in for a i960 before your return policy runs out. I've got an i960 and wouldn't trade it for anything! Better prints than the R300 and R800 for sure...and they cost less money!
pdxbrian is offline   Reply With Quote