Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:28 PM   #1

Default Too much red when printing to 24" Epson

We have struggled since October last year to get a decent photo print on our Epson TrueColour T3000. To keep it short. Followed the Epson guide. Supplier not colour experts. Watched loads of tutorials on colour management for Photoshop and we have adhered to the general rules we have seen.
We are trying to print images onto canvas.
Regardless of the settings in RGB workspace, i.e. regardless of image profile assigned to the image, of CMYK and monitor setting, whether photoshop manages colour management or not, whether we use the icc for the media or not, whether or not we turn off colour management in photoshop and let the epson driver take over colour management with sRBG setting, whether we turn off colour management at both ends, whether we print from other software. We get the same result as follows:

Dirty white, light greys are printed pink
Lovely pale skin colour comes out red
Lovely turquoise sky becomes sickly azure/grey
Vivid green disappears
The gamut is reduced badly
The overall saturation is red red red red, and it is driving us mad!

All images are profiled to Adobe 1998 (assigned). I have even edited the colour in photoshop on many of them by reducing saturation - heavily- changing hue away from red. The result simply flattens the image that still has an average erring on the red side when printed.

If there is anyone out there who has an Epson T3000 please make contact!!
We are desperate.
MarkGolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2015, 8:29 AM   #2

I have encountered similar conditions with other Epson printers. By far the simplest solution is to adjust the offending color in the printer driver itself. I have found, when doing this, that after having to replace the ink carts, the color shift changes back, and the adjustment needs to be reset, or changed somewhat. It may be that the quality control on the ink is not very good, and the different batches provide different results.
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote