Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:35 PM   #1

Default New printer recommendations.

Don't laugh....!
I started with the renowned Epson C62 clogger of a printer, then ventured on to the Canon IP5000, great printer so that popped it's clogs so onto a IP4590, Canon played Scrooge and used smaller chipped ink tanks, and sure did take a while deciding to print, one thing I noted between the two, I rarely did any bottom plate cleaning compared to the IP5000, now my IP4950 seems to have squirted it's last blob of ink.... and just got a load of ink tanks too.

I was looking at the IP7250, but loads of people have complained about the noise it makes..... kinda puts me off.

I'm looking for a printer that caters for text and capable of doing 'decent' photos on a par with say the IP5000/4950 series..... preferably that doesn't take all day to print, doesn't gobble ink, doesn't make a racket and a standalone printer rather than 'all in one'.

Can anyone help me out here in recommendations? Thanks

Dave.
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:58 PM   #2

Got my eye on the Canon IP8750, because it does text as well..... the A3 size might come in useful, especially for 'er indoors'.

I can appreciate this may be a European model and that the American model will certainly may have a different model number with slight differences.

As a second thought maybe the IP7250 is a European type, thus the reason I got no answer, isn't the IP7220 the US version?

Dave
davy is offline   Reply With Quote