Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 8, 2004, 7:55 AM   #1
AMG

Default questions regarding photo printers

HI everyone, I am about to buy a printer, and I have few questions. I have seen many posts about which printer to choose based on certain criteria, so I will not ask the same questions. I have not decided between the epson r300 and the canon i 960 as of yet, but this printer will be for my wife. She will be printing borderless prints directly from the camera. So here are my question(s), Which one will be easier for her to use. First of all, the dimensions of a digital pic is not the same as a 4x6, so how will she know what gets clipped, can she choose the area to be printed? Which printer would be better and easier for this.
Second question. I have another printer that I will want to continue to use for text, so will my softwares like photoshop be able to ask which printer I will want to print on ?
Thirdly, even though I am reading through all the posts on this site to better see the differences between the printers, feel free to comment further on these printers in general. Thanks everyone, I appreciate any help.
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2004, 6:03 PM   #2

Default Pictbridge

If you are using a Pictbridge enabled camera, you can see (as well as set) the crop area/print area for each image depending on what current paper size you have selected.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote