Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 19, 2005, 3:40 AM   #11

Hello, I'm in the same boat you are; graphic designer looking for a good 13x19 format inkjet printer that's able to print photos and text well in OS X. I'm curious to know whether you ended up getting the Canon i9900 or not? If so, how is it working?
vivianh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 7:33 AM   #12

I have been using my new i9900 for about 1 month and have printed about 80 sheets of 8.5x11 photo paperplus about 10 sheets of 13x19. The printing quality is excellent and I have not had a single issue with clogging (but the printer has not gone for more than a few days without printing). After this much printing, I have gone through2 PM carts, 1.3 PC carts,with a total of 5.2 carts by visually scaling the ink usage in the other carts. Other comments:

1. The Canon printing program (Eazy Photo Print) ignoresthe settings in"Preferences", including the color adjustments, so you cannot use the recommended color settings for papers other than Canon papers with this program. This program is designed to work only with Canon paper and ink - other combinationsare not adjustable and may not give agood color match. The Windows "Photo Printing Wizard" does use the color adjustments in Preferences.

2. This printer is not supported on a network, and there is no tech support for networked printers.My printer is connected toa server so that any of our computers can also print to it. This does work, but every time that you need to change any ofthe default Preferences (paper size, borderless, ink adjustments,etc.)from a remote computer expect to wait 45 seconds for the Preferences box to appear.

3. The ink usage on the Red and Green carts (this printer has 8 colors) is practically zero. I have been using the Canon paper settings and modifying the color settings in Preferences to match my paper, soI would have expected some usage in these colors if they were really beneficial.
grandad35 is offline   Reply With Quote