Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 12, 2004, 7:51 PM   #1

Default i960 + Red River paper issues

Just wondering how you guys are printing from your i960 to the Red River paper. I am using the 62lb UltraPro Satin and PS Elements 2.0.

When I use the RR profile for the paper, the skin tones are way too pink.

When I use EasyPhoto Print the pictures are too pale and yellow.

Everyone here raves about the paper, and the overall quality of the paper seems great and I love the textured semigloss finish but the colors just aren't right. Those of you who use RR and i960s, how do you print? What programs/settings?
pdxbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2004, 8:49 PM   #2

What program are you using when you print? If it is PS Elements 2, are you set up using full color management and using the RR profile as your output source? Additionally, is your monitor calibrated?

Alternatively, you can get the paper settings from RR and allow Canon's print manager to control the output.

One problem you may be experiencing is having both PS and Canon trying to control the printing.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2004, 10:54 PM   #3

Ohenry has some excellent tips to check out. I have a i960 and use RR paper. I found that their custom color profiles are less good than relying on the Canon printer driver to do the color matching. Thus I setup the Canon printer driver according to the recommended settings from RR. The result is absolutely great prints, and match my monitor pretty closely (which is calibrated with a Spyder).

Barthold
barthold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2004, 11:25 PM   #4

Interesting Bart. I also calibrate with the Spyder, but get great results using the RR profiles and turning off the printer controls. Well, just goes to show -- whatever works best for you
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2004, 12:24 AM   #5

I'm not saying their profiles are bad, just that I think my prints are a bit better with the printer driver. If you actually create your own custom profiles I would think the results would be even better than using RR's profiles. But I don't have the tools to do that.

Barthold
barthold is offline   Reply With Quote