Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 19, 2004, 11:12 AM   #1

Default Canon questions

I think I have decided on getting a large format Canon.. but I have three quick questions..

Since I am a student I would be using my printer for more then just photographs, I would also be using it for Illustrator and Quark files. How do canon's work for these kinds of projects? We have an Epson at school and it does well, and it does ok job on paper outside of Epson's papers. So how does the Canon do on things that are not photographs? and papers made by other companies?

My second question has to pertain to t-shirt transparancies.. I noticed that the i9100 can use them, but the i9900 does not have them listed on their specs...do you think the i9900 would still beable to do those and it was just an over sight on Canon's behalf?

Anways, I thank you again for all of your help.

Taitum
Taitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2004, 5:35 PM   #2

The printer will work with non photo projects fine, but you need to remember that the cost per page is not that great. That black cartridge is pretty small and even when on sale can set you back. If you do a medium amount of printing and can afford it an i560 or other canon printer with a big black cartridge may make up the cost of the printer really fast.

9900 uses the same cartridges as the 9100 (6 series) it has two extra colors but if they are anything like the previous generations when you select lower resolutions (like you will for Tshirts) the only ones it will use are the CYMB cartridges. This is speculation since it isn't out yet.
CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote