Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 10, 2002, 4:57 PM   #11

Hi,

I'm also looking at the canon 900 and the Epson 960. I am also getting another digital camera at some point (a smaller one like the Minolta dimage x or the canon s200) so that I can take more pictures without lugging a huge camera around. Anyway, the thing that is perplexing me is the Epson Print Image Matching. The Minoltas support this. Does this feature make a noticeable difference? If I were to get the canon printer, would having a canon camera like the s200 have any type of matching advantages?

Thanks for the help,
Brandon
hookem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2002, 5:03 PM   #12

Yes, you can download directly to the canon viewer (zoombrowser). I don't
know of any other advantages. I don't
have a canon camera.
John Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2002, 7:59 PM   #13

There are 3 new Epson printers coming out that allow separate ink tanks. There are 3 new Cannon printers coming out that will now print on mat paper. I don't print often, so I am worried about the clogging issue. Also, I have a cheap Cannon and the print head was only two dollars more than the inks. But from what I have tried and some of my friends have tried, printing is very difficult to get the color match right. You have to color synch the monitor and the software and equipment to do that is several hundreds of dollars. Then you have to profile the inks, printer and paper. I have found some ready made profiles for the Epson on line. You're in the same boat I am. Which to get. I am planning on driving to Pittsburgh to see the Epson presentation on digital printing. I hope that will help with the decision. Maybe you can find a city near you where it is being held. It's only $49.00 for a half day session and they are giving away a new 2200 printer.
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2002, 2:51 AM   #14

Default I ahd same dilemma

When trying to figure out what printer to buy, reading too many reviews and asking others opinions, you get so many different views, you dont know what to do; I know because I've gone thru it.
It is not unlike choosing a good restaurant- You have to decide for yourself, what somebody else loves sometimes proves to be awful. My advice is to buy one you think should be good for your needs, and if it is not just bring it back to the store for exchange or a refund. Office depot, Sams Club, CompUsa
will take back stuff if you're not happy...
tech type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2002, 1:32 PM   #15

Default New canons?

I just saw that Canon has come out with a new i850, looks promising. Another printer to ponder thru my head, but has some things that S900 didnt have like more media types, but only 4 ink cartrgd, wander if you will still get the same great pics as the s900!
Thanks to everyone that has offered their suggestions!
Terri
hhracing is offline   Reply With Quote