Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 30, 2004, 11:57 PM   #1

Default Problem with my Canon i960 printer....

It seems that anytime I print a photo which includes a solid blue sky background, the sky comes out with wavy lines that go from lighter to darker.
The problem is sometimes present with other solid colors, but is much more noticable in shots which show the sky, than with any other photos.
I have tried several premium papers in both High Gloss, and Matte finishes, but the results are pretty much consistent regardless.
I have also noticed no difference with this problem, whether or not I was using OM ink, or aftermarket.

I guess I should say, that besides this one annoying little problem, which only affects certain photos, this printer has been TOTALLY AWESOME !!!
A high resolution photo, printed with my i960, on Canon Photo Pro paper, is the quite simply THE BOMB !!! :-)

Thanks in advance,
Fish Chris
Fish Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2004, 6:00 PM   #2

Try the print head alignment again (this worked for a similar problem for me). The print heads become misaligned over time I noticed. Also, try the photo noise reduction, which works best for skies with subtle color variation.
maseace is offline   Reply With Quote