Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 13, 2002, 12:01 PM   #1

Default Color correction &/or calibration

From a 'newbie' to the forum ...

Anyone using either of sftwr/hdwr color
correction ... calibration ????

I'd be interested in the hows & whys ...

Ed S
nanobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2002, 8:46 PM   #2

I hope I understand your question correctly.

I am using Profile Prism. Mike makes that program and it is excellent. he is also the maker of Qimage, which is a printing program everybody should at least try once. It gives you the best print your printer is capable of putting out. Using another program to print will give you lower quality.

To create a profile with Profile Prism is easy. You print a file that comes with the program. It is a color chart. The kit also comes with a "reference" color chart too. They are both about 5x7 in size. You scan in one scan both the print you made and the reference color chart. Profile Prism then analyzes over 750 color variations and tunes them in just for your system automatically. When it is done, you have a custom profile to use when you print on your paper.

I did one for each of the types of paper I use like Red River Ultra Pro Satin, Archival Matte, office Depot Premium ect.

It is only $69 and probably will make the biggest difference in your print quality after using Qimage itself.

This stuff is at:
www.ddisoftware.com

Make SURE you read the Quality Challange link on the Qimage site. It will teach you and amaze you.

Pete
Peter Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote