Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 2, 2004, 7:44 PM   #1

I am considering a Canon i70 portable printer and was looking for any feedback anyone might have or on any of Canons portable printers. Thanks for the help.
mikesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2004, 8:28 AM   #2

If you are looking at the i70/i80 as a primary printer, I would look elsewhere. I have both the i70 and the i9100, and the i70 is nice to have for my wife when she has something quick to print when I am printing photos on the i9100 or when I take it to events at church. But you will use far more ink as the tanks are small and it's prints just do not compare to the regular desktop printers (i960, i9100, etc). There is a noticable difference as the prints are just not as smooth and have a grainy appearance from the ink dot pattern which you hardly see with my i9100.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2004, 12:24 PM   #3

Thanks for the response decrawley. The printer would not be my primary photo printer, but be used as a portable to take camping. 4x6 would be about as big that I would use it for.
mikesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2004, 4:40 PM   #4

Then if this is a "tag-a-long" and only printing 4x6, it will be OK. Just make sure you take 2 packs of ink with you, especially if you are going to be gone for a week. It sounds like you are buying a lot of ink, but for the price of each black/color box, there are two ink tanks in each. So for the black, you are getting 2 ink tanks for your $13. Likewise for the color at about $18 - 20.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2004, 2:04 PM   #5

Correct me if I am wrong.. but the i70 had a 5 picoliter drop where the i80 uses a 2. So the grain on the i80 is FAR less than on the i70.

As for print quality, since it is just a 4 color printer, it is more inline with the i850/i560 than the higher end units.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote